Holy crap! So, I was nominated for the Liebster Award twice by (The Tart ISBI and The Dreamsicle BISBI) Umbramuse and also by itsjulie for my main blog, Jenn’s Junkyard. I’m pretty amazed by this. I think the only other thing I was nominated for was the loony bin.
Edit: I am editing this to add Ixot, who I just read nominated me too.
The Official Rules:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
4. Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Kahekili Random Legacy by Nirar. Great story and wonderful sims. I do happen to be in love with Generation 7 particularly.
Colourcaste by winterpearlbleach (Rose). I love this story so much.
The Skipton ISBI and The Shepherd Legacy by Mariah – because both are so full a awesome! Of course, would you ever expect less from the creator of the Chimerees?
Mendeleev ISBI by ozziedoggirl
Dayes of Our Lives by Rad because she does everything and it’s super great fun.
Rainbow Knights by Rad one of my all time favorite super speedy rainbow uglacies. She then went on to do Knights in Bright Patterns, where she then starts with Gen 10 and turns it into a prettacy.
Questions asked by Umbramuse
1. To be or not to be?
I prefer not to be.
2. Okay, let’s get serious. Why did you decide to write a sim legacy/challenge/story/clusterf**k?
Right after Pets, I started the Vinson EPIC legacy. A week after that I started the Tart’s. I started the EPIC because it was a new challenge (and I proudly state that I am the first one to complete it) and also because my friend Styxlady was one of the co-creators. I started the Tart’s after reading A Berry Crazy ISBI and in fact, her Blackberry Sorbet was my founder’s spouse.
3. Do you have a favorite sim from your challenge/legacy family? It’s okay, the others don’t have to know.
I actually do not get attached to my sims. Not even a little bit. If I had to choose one, everyone knows Ivory Mist would probably murder me in my sleep if I did not name her. She is my assassin, who has done a prison challenge (failed), then did a perfect genetics challenge (failed) and a homemaker challenge (failed). She was then whisked away to be in the Kahekili random legacy for a few chapters. Now she just hangs out in my neighborhoods with Colin and making me babies.
Here she is before she was domesticated by with Colin. It has also been my header on facebook for years.
4. Are you the only Simmer in your family? If so, do they think you’re totally crazy for bossing around a bunch of little pixels?
Yes, I am the only one. Mostly if I am reading a story and LOL, someone will ask what is funny. I just say “Sims” and they run away screaming.
5. What’s your favorite Sims 3 expansion and why?
World Adventures, because I love doing the tombs. There’s something about a sim on fire that amuses me greatly and mine tend to catch fire quite easily.
6. What do you love the most about the Sims 3 (or the Sims 4), besides sating that god complex?
All the ways that you can kill them.
7. Would you rather Nick Alto, Gunther Goth, or Geoffrey Landgraab? For any lady lovers: Vita Alto, Cornelia Goth, or Nancy Landgraab.
None of the above, but if I HAD to choose, I’d do a Landgraab.
8. Favorite world? Custom, store, or EP are all acceptable.
I think my favorite is Sunlit Tides. It’s playable for long periods of time with no lag. I don’t necessarily enjoy the default sims there, but the world itself is gorgeous.
9. Are there any other video games you enjoy playing?
I play tons of video games. I have recently completed Dragon 1, 2 and 3. I just bought Final Fantasy XIV, which is downloading as we speak. The family recently conned me into trying Clash of Clans, which now I am completely addicted to. I have Final Fantasy XIII-3 on the PS3 going and Final Fantasy XII on the PS2 going. I have completed all of these games several times actually. I do have Titanfall, in fact I did a major computer upgrade just to play it on the recommended settings and then found I was not a big fan of the game. Just to clarify, I am a complete and utter fan of Final Fantasy 1 – 13. I have them all.
10. What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
I will listen to just about anything, but I pretty much only listen to Metallica, Linkin Park and Dead by Sunrise currently. I’m old, so I do prefer my 80’s music to anything else and probably always will.
11. And finally the most important question of all: Coke or Pepsi? Admission that Dr. Pepper is the one true soda is also acceptable.
Neither. I drink water most of the time (flavored not that tap water shit). I do have Cherry Dr. Pepper, Root Beer and Sunkist Orange sitting in the fridge too.
Questions asked by itsjulie
1. If you were stranded on a desert island with one of the sim characters from your story – which one would you like it to be?
Probably Ivory Mist. She would probably spend her days trying to kill me, so at least I would have something to do besides cry that I don’t have a shower or internet.
2. How long have you been playing the sims for and what got you started?
I started playing just before Pets came out, so probably in August of 2011. I think it all started when I played Sims Social for about a week (and disliked it). I found out about Sims 3 through that and bought The Sims Deluxe (base game and Ambitions). Within the month I had everything up to Pets.
3. What other hobbies do you have outside of simming, blogging and writing.
I like to read. Our family also has invested in some RC cars and we are building a racetrack on our side yard to race. I also play other games and watch movies.
4. What is your favourite sim trait and why?
Family Oriented and because my sims tend to have hundreds of children.
5. Do you think there is an age limit to when you should be playing sims, or an age when it is not acceptable anymore?
Nah. I think when I finally get bored, I will just stop playing.
6. Where do you get the inspiration from for your writing?
I do not write. I am commentary style. I usually base it on what is going on in game or something from the thought bubbles.
7. What do you love most about the Sims game. What keeps you playing it?
I have no clue. I think it’s all the challenges out there for the game. I love doing challenges and legacies.
8. How seriously do you take your writing? Is it just for fun or would you like to make a living out of it one day?
I have 0 (ZERO!!!) artistic talent. I will not ever write for fun or profit. Nothing I do is serious anyway.
9. Which are your favourite world, expansion pack and premade sim?
I hate premade sims with a passion. I will marry them into a family, but only if the rules explicitly require it. My favorite world is Sunlit Tides and my favorite expack is World Adventures.
10. Five sim traits that describe you.
Haha! Grumpy, family oriented, slob, loser, and great sense of humor.
11. Tell me a random fact about yourself.
I absolutely detest shopping of any kind and I will commit murder before ever going to a mall.
Questions for the Nominees:
1. What expansion do you dislike the most?
2. If you could be any character from a book, who would it be and why?
3. Boxers or briefs? Oh wait, you’re all females, aren’t you? Dresses or pants?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, in any decade, when and where would you be?
5. Your favorite sim to kill off?
6. You’re stranded on an island with one person and two items. Who is with you and what do you have with you?
7. Name one thing on the left-hand side of your computer area/desk.
8. Coffee or tea?
9. How many legacies/stories/challenges have you started and quit?
10. Why did the chicken cross the road?
11. Seasons: Which one is your favorite and why?